How To Contribute¶
Every open source project lives from the generous help by contributors that sacrifice their time and
characteristic is no different.
To make participation as pleasant as possible, this project adheres to the Code of Conduct by the Python Software Foundation.
Here are a few guidelines to get you started:
- Add yourself to the AUTHORS.rst file in an alphabetical fashion. Every contribution is valuable and shall be credited.
- If your change is noteworthy, add an entry to the changelog.
- No contribution is too small; please submit as many fixes for typos and grammar bloopers as you can!
- Don’t ever break backward compatibility.
If it ever has to happen for higher reasons,
characteristicwill follow the proven procedures of the Twisted project.
- Always add tests and docs for your code. This is a hard rule; patches with missing tests or documentation won’t be merged. If a feature is not tested or documented, it doesn’t exist.
- Obey PEP 8 and PEP 257.
- Write good commit messages.
If you have something great but aren’t sure whether it adheres – or even can adhere – to the rules above: please submit a pull request anyway!
In the best case, we can mold it into something, in the worst case the pull request gets politely closed. There’s absolutely nothing to fear.
Thank you for considering to contribute to
If you have any question or concerns, feel free to reach out to me.